Flute Audition Requirements
1. Prepare two contrasting movements from the solo flute repertoire.
Such as works by the following composers (or comparable):
Bach, Handel, Telemann, Mozart, Stamitz, Quantz Faure, Gaubert, Poulenc, Debussy, Hindemith, Widor, Griffes
2. Major scales (at least 2 octaves) and chromatic scale (3 octaves, C1 - C3)
3. Sight Reading
1. Prepare two contrasting works from the standard solo repertoire.
2. Prepare four orchestral excerpts (from the Baxtresser book)
3. Scales - Majors, natural, harmonic and melodic minors, Chromatic
If you would like to clear a solo or have specific questions about your audition,
please contact Deanna Little at 615.898.2473,
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on scheduling an audition, please visit the MTSU Music Admissions page.